Thursday, January 22, 2009

Arizona Trip - Part 3

Last Thursday, we took my Grandma, Jennie Greenwall, to the Valley w/ us to have dinner w/ my 'little' brother, Pete Chavez, his girlfriend, Dominique, and her sweet little boy, David (23 months).
David and Pete
A good portion of our trip was spent driving. Here a few shots on the way back to my mom's house in the Globe-Miami area.
Hunter took this picture of me. That's my Grandma up in the front seat. (I swear I have more gray hair than she does!) I realize now I should have taken a picture of her this day w/ her hair done up. She didn't want me taking pictures of her in curlers - and who could blame her!
Michaela in a happy car moment.


We stopped in Superior for a potty break at the home of my great uncle and aunt, Karl & Donna McRae. Hunter kept asking about everyone "What are they to me?" We tried to explain that Uncle Karl was one of Grandma's younger brothers. That made them his great-great aunt and uncle. To which Donna quickly replied, "But you can just call me 'Aunt Donna'!"

While we were there, Hunter and Michaela loved playing w/ their dogs, Val and Itsy. (I think those were their names!) Both had had recent abdominal surgery, then had either chewed or scratched out their stitches, requiring a second trip to the vet for staples. Uncle Karl explained, "They had to put a lamp shade on Val so everyone could see how bright he was!" LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment