Sunday, January 25, 2009

Arizona Trip / Hannagan Meadow Lodge

The kiddos and I have all had a stomach bug this weekend and I got behind on posting the photos from my Arizona trip. Here we stopped at the bottom of the Salt River Canyon on the way to see my sister, Theresa.
My mom, Tina Chavez, Michaela and Hunter. You know it's cold when Hunter is shivering!
We arrived at Hannagan Meadow Lodge where my sister and her husband, Guthrie Burton, are assistant managers and live w/ their little boy, Steven. And yes, there are places in Arizona where it snows!
The store. The lodge is located at 9100 feet elevation and about 22 miles from Alpine, AZ which is near the border to New Mexico.
Steven (26 months), my mom, & Michaela (22 months)
Steven was so excited to see Grandma and didn't want to let her out of his sight, so he joined us for a while in our room.
Michaela was in need of a nap, but the whole time she was sleeping Hunter was hounding me about when could we go out and have a snow ball fight! I just kept thinking while I was bundling them up, "This is going to take longer than the actual time they spend outside!"
Michaela wasn't impressed. She had knit cotton tights on under the pants, and a long sleeve shirt and a sweat shirt underneath that jacket. She just wanted me to pick her up, but I had already fell on my behind into the snow!
My 'little' sis, Theresa, and Steven w/ the resident dog, Anna (?).
Sweet Steven
As I suspected, it didn't take long before Hunter got snow in his gloves and was ready to go back inside! I don't know what this room next to their restaurant was called, but it had a TV and, as you can see by the clothes piled up on the coffee table, Hunter made himself right at home. Fortunately, it is their slow season and there weren't a lot of other guests. And he did manage to keep on his shirt and pants, thank goodness! By the way, if you should ever get up that way, I had one of the best steaks of my life at their restaurant that night!
Michaela wanted to play w/ the resident cat Hanna. (Get it? - Hannagan Meadow, Hanna the cat.) This picture was snapped about 3 seconds before Hanna scratched Michaela's face. Guess Hanna didn't want to play. Michaela was alright, though. Just a superficial wound. She didn't even cry. And it didn't stop her from trying to catch that cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment