Monday, May 4, 2009

Quotable Hunter

So, plans to get my garden beds laid out have been slow going. Right now, I am trying to move a huge crate out of the way. It is about 9 or 10 feet long. We told the former owners they could leave it behind, but ultimately decided there wasn't anything we could think to do with it. Plus, the wood is rotting. Papa says he's pretty sure it was used for transporting helicopter blades. So, not really meant to be left outside. Allan removed all the hardware (hinges and latches), but I have been trying to remove the nails. So I was out there the other morning and Hunter wanted to help. I kept saying, "Hunter, watch out for the nails." They were pretty rusty. About the 4th time I repeated myself, Hunter said to me "Mom, I understand what you're saying! I'm not 3!" I could just hear my mother saying, "He's definitely YOUR kid!" LOL! We finally got one of the sides off and I said to Hunter, "Thank you so much! That was such a big help to me!" (It really was!) Hunter's modest reply, "Yeah, I've got pretty big muscles, 'cuz I play A LOT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment