Friday, February 13, 2009

Michaela-isms

Michaela has officially entered the 'Whhhhhyyyyyy????' phase. She has been saying it for a few days. Just a while ago, I asked her to step back as I took our breakfast out of the hot oven. She readily obliged, evidently thinking I was about to serve up some for her. (Have I mentioned that my children like to eat?!) I said we would have to wait a few minutes for it to cool off. "WWWWWhhhhhyyyyy????" I picked her up - "Because we don't want to burn our tongues." I set her down and went to check my e-mail real quick thinking I had satisfied her w/ my response. I suddenly realized she was awfully quiet and stepped into the kitchen to find she had managed to unscrew the lid from the peanut butter jar and was eating it right out of the jar! (I know - I should have gotten a picture!) At least she was using a spoon! And she wasn't touching the hot pan!

She has also started saying something else lately that cracks me up. As many of you know, Michaela likes to be held. And, unlike her brother, most of the time she is not picky about who is holding her. (Though, if you have food, you will probably be her best friend!) She has been known to reach out to complete strangers in Wal-Mart to be picked up - Scccaaarrryyy!!! I can't say I blame her, though. She's short. The view down there can't be very good. Anyway, instead of saying "up" or "pick me up", she has taken to saying "I want to hold you!" Awww - how sweet! How could I not let her 'hold me'?

No comments:

Post a Comment